Fiance(e) Visas (K-1)

Fiance(e) Visas (K-1)

K-1 Visas allow an immigrant to enter the United States with the purpose of marrying a US citizen within 90 days of arrival. Once married, the K-1 recipient can submit an Adjustment of Status application to obtain a Green Card (Lawful Permanent Residence).

Am I eligible for a K-1 Visa?

To apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa, the applicant must:

  • Be engaged to a US citizen
  • Never have resided unlawfully in the US
  • Have met their fiance at least once within the last 2 years
  • Currently reside outside the United States

In addition, the K-1 applicant’s fiance must not have a criminal history involving sex crimes.

If you or your fiance don’t meet one or more of these requirements, it could still be possible to obtain a K-1 Visa. However, your case should be evaluated by an immigration lawyer to give you the best chance at success.

How can Monument Immigration help with my K-1 application?

Our firm will tell you exactly what is required to apply, gather your application information, and accurately prepare your submission to the federal government. We can have your application ready for submission within 48 business hours after receiving your information and documentation.

We also provide interview preparedness consultations to make sure you’re totally ready for the visa interview process.

How long does the K-1 process take?

After submitting your application, the government usually takes about 9 months to process your information.

Why should I apply for a K-1 Visa?

A fiancé(e) visa is faster and more efficient than consular processing once you are married. It also gives your spouse an opportunity to come to the United States before getting married, which in many cases is preferable.

How much does a K-1 consultation cost?

For K-1 Visas, we charge a flat, simple fee of $2000 dollars.

Because we believe in providing fair legal counsel to everyone chasing the American Dream, we also offer no-interest financing with an upfront payment of $500. And if you decide to pay for your consultation all at once, we also offer a 10% discount on our fees.

Why Monument Immigration?

No One Handles Fiance(e) Visas (K-1) Cases Better than Monument Immigration


We ONLY do Immigration Law

At Monument, we live and breathe immigration law. By doing immigration law and nothing else, we’re able to provide our clients with the fastest, most reliable counsel in completing their K-1 visa applications. For you, that means less waiting, fewer headaches, and more peace of mind that your immigration lawyer has your best interests in mind. Period.

Learn More

Award Winning / Top Reviewed

Over the years, Monument has received hundreds of five-star reviews and ratings from happy clients. We’ve been voted one of Avvo’s top law firms, and won Avvo’s 2017 Client Choice Award. But more important than the ratings or the awards are the real stories behind those reviews—the hundreds of happy clients we’ve helped successfully navigate a complicated, exhausting immigration system.

See Reviews

Personalized Attention

At Monument, you’re much more than a case number. My team and I have spent extensive time living and working with our nation’s vibrant immigrant communities, and we love helping people like you achieve the American Dream. We’re dedicated to providing personalized attention, treating you like a real person with simple, affordable immigration counsel. It’s the only way we know how.

See Locations
Judi and Elizabeth

Monument Client

Puppies For Sale

Mr. Mark Naugle handled all the details from beginning to end and won our immigration case. When Mark said he would get something done he did! All the paperwork were filed promptly and accurately. I highly recommend Mark Naugle as an immigration attorney.

Ryan G.

Monument Client

Puppy Breeder

Mark is professional, kind, patient, knows the immigration laws very well and gave us a good strategy as to how we should proceed with our case. He helped my wife through the adjustment to permanent resident status process giving us peace of mind and confidence.

Leo M.

Monument Client

Best Puppy Breeder

Mark was extremely efficient processing my Deferred Action application. His client portal was simple and easy to use. My application was ready to submit within 2 days of my completing the questionnaire. I would highly recommend Mark and Monument Immigration.

9.3Mark A Naugle
Mark A NaugleReviewsout of 162 reviews

We offer standardized pricing for all of our services! You'll never over-pay with us.

Learn more

Fiance(e) Visas (K-1) is Our Focus

Seven Myths about Immigrants in the United States

In the current political climate, there are untrue claims on both sides of the aisle about all kinds of issues. Unfortunately, immigrants have been the target of some myths in this sphere for decades.

Keep Reading

Questions & Answers

How can I send you my documents? Do you need originals?

Most of the documents you submit to the government can be copies, meaning you can submit them via email or fax, or even upload through our client portal. You can also drop off or mail any of your documents to our office.

With that said, be ready to take your original documents to your interview.

Is there anything I can do to make my application move faster?

Yes, glad you asked. Because there isn’t anything you can do to expedite the process after we submit your application to the government, accurately completing the application is absolutely crucial.

Please complete your online questionnaire as thoroughly and quickly as possible so we can start preparing the necessary forms immediately. That also means getting us your filing fee checks, passport photos and supporting documents right away. The sooner we get started, the sooner the government can get to work.

Will someone attend my interview with me?

While we do offer interview attendance for $250, we also do everything we can to make you so well-prepared that attorney attendance won’t be necessary!

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept checks, cash, and both debit and credit cards.

How do I pay my government filing fees?

Checks or money orders should be made payable to the “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”. We can also send the check on your behalf through our trust account.

Can I switch attorneys?

You may switch attorneys whenever you like, and you also have the right to receive a copy of your file from any previous immigration attorney.

do I need an immigration attorney

Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Attorney?

As an immigration lawyer, you might think I’d say that everyone should hire an immigration attorney. While that would give me a lot of business, that’s simply not true.

Keep Reading
common green card approval problems

5 Common Problems that Prevent Green Card Approval

Green Cards are one of the most sought-after pieces of documentation for immigrants in the US, and for good reason.

Keep Reading
difference between naturalization and citizenship

What’s the Difference Between Naturalization and Citizenship?

There are so many different definitions and terms being thrown around when we talk about immigration and citizenship that things can get pretty confusing.

Keep Reading

Free Case Evaluation

Click the button below and see if you have a case. It's 100% free.

© 2018 Monument Immigration LLC. All rights reserved. Legal Marketing by Legal Legends